Since I was a little girl, I have been lucky enough to spend time over the summer months at our family villa in Sotogrande. As one of the largest privately owned resorts in Spain, Sotogrande offers something for everyone. From the beautiful golf courses & polo grounds to local food & craft markets, all set amongst the stunning vistas of the Costa Del Sol. Whilst the majority of visitors tend to opt to stay in private villas, there are a few hotels in the area, making it a great option for a long weekend getaway with its situation less than 20 minutes from Gibraltar Airport.
As one of my favourite holiday destinations, it seemed only right to share my insights into the best places to stay, eat and things to do in the area.
1. Almenara Golf Club
2. NH Hotel Sotogrande
3. San Roque Suites
1. Lombardos – local family-run Italian
2. KE – situated right on the Port makes a perfect viewing spot with a wide variety of choices
3. Chambao Beach Bar – fresh fish cooked in a boat on the beach during the summer months
4. Veinteocho – a beautiful golf club restaurant with untainted views of the Almenara golf course
1. Visit Trocadero Beach Club
2. Watch a Polo Match (& stay for post-match cocktails)
3. Play Golf
4. Visit the Sunday Market (10am onwards every Sunday at Puerto de Sotogrande)
5. See & Play with the Monkeys on Gibraltar Rock
6. Take a Day Trip to Tarifa
The Habit Hunter x